But anyway. I do believe my dear friend Emily (who I know in my real life, and who I have definitely seen before, and totally held conversations with, and do not simply associate with through casual creeping, no sirree do people still say sirree?…) has nominated the Blangert for a blogward! Oh, that’s not as nice a word as it should have been. The Liebster Award, as I have surmised from my personal friend Google, is an award for bloggers with under 200 followers, and has an interesting focus on the number 11 that may speak to some sort of hidden psychological trauma. And it’s participatory!
Firstly, all my thanks to the lovely Emily for the nomination (seriously. Go read her blog. You could be getting cultured and you’re reading a blog with a soliloquy about overripe carrots on the front page. Shame). I’m really, really touched, love. And I promise I’ll use this as a motivator to keep at it.
And now, on to the fun part! ELEVENSES
1. Robin’s Wanderings
2. I Believe in Later
3. Grammarsaurus Rex
4. Whirling Words
5. Hirsh and Oh Trees!
6. The Ramblings of Another
7. Pertaining to the Present
9. Remain a Girl
10. Imagery Tales
11. Black Star Rujabes
[Some of you I know personally. Some I’ve been following for some time, and some I’ve been creeping upon for some time and only followed this afternoon *I’msorry*. But still. MUCH APPRECIATION TO BE HAD]
1. The last time you did a cartwheel? I only found out how to do cartwheels last summer, and I clearly remember the last time I did one. It was August 2012. It was scary, and I hurt my wrists a bit, and I wasn’t quite sure where my legs were going, so I decided to just put a hold on my cartwheels for a bit. Although I’ve recently discovered how to do headstands and I just did one about half an hour ago, thankyouverymuch.
2. Your secret passion? NONE OF MY PASSIONS ARE SECRET, I LET IT ALLLLL OUT! No, seriously, though…besides my pretty public fine-artsy type passions…I suppose one that’s a bit more secretive is my passion for ghost shows. Because it’s a bit shameful and I don’t share that one with casual acquaintances. But yes. Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, Most Haunted…I watch them all with glee.
3. Something special that someone gave to you? A complete Sherlock Holmes anthology found in a second-hand bookstore in Ladner, Delta, BC (Canada, North America, The World, etc), purchased for four dollars, and given to me by my parents. It’s old and weird and has an ugly jacket and I love it.
4. Favourite smell? I have a real problem with choosing favourites because
I’m indecisive I’m not sure what my favourites are yet. What are my horizons? Maybe I haven’t even smelled my favourite smell yet, or heard my favourite song, or seen my favourite shade. Maybe I won’t until I’m very, very old, or maybe I already have and the realization will hit me any minute…Anyway, I typically end up with tons and tons of “favourite” everythings, and can’t narrow anything down. Among my favourite smells, though, are Indian or Malay food, sandalwood incense, Christmas trees, and sea air.
5. Top three artists (music, art, writing, whatever)? OH LORD MORE FAVOURITE-PICKING GAHHH! Okay, I’ll give you my current-frame-of-mind picks. Music : Katzenjammer, Caravan Palace, Led Zeppelin. Art (I’m going to pick webcomics, yeeeees!): Questionable Content, Twitter the Comic, Hark! A Vagrant. Writing: Victor Hugo (old skoooool), Jorge Luis Borges (Magic Realism, you freaky), Fumiko Enchi (I’m enrolled in a World Literature course, yes).
6. The last time you partied like a rock star? Erm….New Years? I tell you when I’m next going to party like a rock star, though – March 16th, when I’ll be dancing myself into a nice set of charlie-horses at Vancouver’s Commodore Ballroom to the stylings of Spirit of the West and their openers the very folk-stompey Good for Grapes. PAAAAAARTAAAAAY
7. When was the classiest you’ve ever felt? Every day of my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife
8. One weird habit? I fill in my journal back-to-front. It’s neurotic.
9. One thing that always makes you laugh? That brilliant 20th Century Fox theme cover (I posted it here.) I cry every time.
10. Favourite article of clothing? Mmmmmm…..my one and only sari, I think. I wore it to my cousin’s wedding this fall, and it is probably the classiest piece of clothing I own, not to mention the most spangly-Bollywood at the same time. I even managed to dance passably in it. Class.
11. Signature dance move? The Bollywood-lip-synch-and-choreographed-routine-that-I-memorized-from-the-movie.
1. I can touch my nose with my tongue. LEGIT
2. I’m left handed. Coincidentally, every other first-born child of my generation in my family is also left handed, and we’re all female. *Twilight zone theme*
3. I’m a little bit psychic. Okay, maybe not, but yesterday I was talking to a friend and I happened to use the phrase “Just don’t blink” and AT THE EXACT SAME TIME another friend of mine got a text from somebody I don’t know saying THE EXACT SAME THING wooooh freaky
4. I can read Tarot. Sort of. I’m accurate if you want me to be.
5. The greatest compliment I’ve ever gotten was back in high school from a friend who I was just getting to know then, and who has been one of my very closest buds for quite some time now, loooooove all around. Anyway, she mentioned to me once, “You talk like a character in a book”. I absolutely love that, it’s such a wonderful thing to me to play with words and tell stories, and if it’s something that people notice about me I’m beyond delighted. Such a good compliment. Ahhhhh
6. I watch Coronation Street. I’m watching it right now. Heehee.
7. I played the trombone for the first time yesterday. A blue one. HEEHEE
8. I really want to join the circus. Really badly. I’ve wanted to learn how to perform on the aerial silks for yeeeeeears.
9. I have *let me see* seven piercings and two (really dinky) tattoos. On hiatus from body modifications currently. But I love what I have.
10. I looooooove TV and movies. Lately I’ve been on a Bollywood kick, but just today I discovered the show Sons of Anarchy and I am fully addicted already. I do that whole burn-through-all-the-things obsessiveness thing, and when I find a new show/movie, I get so excited and enthusiastic that I can barely contain myself. IT’S REAL GOOD GUYS
11. I looooooooooooooooove soundtracks. It’s one of the major things I notice about a new movie or show – a well-orchestrated backing track is just amazing. My iPod is full of soundtracks.
1. When was your last haircut?
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
3. How do you keep yourself motivated (in whatever situation)?
4. Coffee, tea or booze?
5. If you could be fluent in any language, which would it be (and why)?
6. If your life was a feature film, what would it be titled?
7. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever mis-heard?
8. Beatles or Rolling Stones?
9. If you could invent a holiday, what would it be and when?
10. A world record you’d like to break?
11. What was the last song you listened to?
SO MANY ELEVENSES